The Rumriver Art Gallery was initiated to support and show local artists’ work. One issue many artists experience is where to show their work as gallery space can be limited, especially to those who are just starting. Our mission with the gallery is to support and show the artwork of local artists. The shows are changed every month, providing many opportunities throughout the year for artists to display their work. The Art Gallery brings the community together and creates a greater appreciation for art. Selected artwork may be available for sale.
Next Show: A New Day Dawning – A Celebration of Spring and Blooming: April 10, 2021 – May 7, 2021
Rumriver Art Center presents A New Day Dawning: A Celebration of Spring & Blooming gallery show opening taking place at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A) on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 1pm-4pm.
The art gallery show will feature the artwork of local artists from the community who entered up to three pieces to Rumriver Art Center’s first Call for Entry. The theme of the gallery show as the title suggests is all things spring, nature and blooming.
Rumriver Art Center received 109 entries from 59 different artists. The artwork submitted is in a variety of mediums, including: mixed-media, mosaic, photography, watercolor, acrylic, alcohol ink, fabric, colored pencil, polymer clay, wood, and much more.
The Gallery Show Opening will take place on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 1pm – 4pm. Please invite your friends and family to attend this in-person event. You must schedule a 15- minute time slot in order to view the show opening in an effort to ensure the health and safety of all visitors. CLICK HERE to make a reservation. The gallery hours after the show opening are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9am-4pm and Saturdays from 12pm-3pm. The Gallery Show ends Friday, May 7, 2021.
There will be People’s Choice voting during the exhibit both in-person and virtually via the Rumriver Art Center website. The three highest voted artists will receive a ribbon. CLICK HERE to see the artwork and vote online!
- Student Art Show 2021: May 22, 2021 – June 11, 2021
Rumriver Art Center will be hosting its Annual Student Gallery Show. The show will open on Saturday, May 22 from 2pm – 4pm in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A, Anoka, MN 55303). The show will end Friday, June 11.
In order to be part of the show, you must have participated in any Rumriver Art Center class between January 2020 (Last Year) until now (March 2021). The class could have been in-person at the art center or virtual via Zoom. The class could have been an adult class, older adult class, kids class, summer camp, wheel throwing class, family class, homeschool/school-age kid class, etc.
You can submit 1 (one) piece into the show. The piece could have been created during a Rumriver Art Center class or outside of class.
The piece can be two- and three-dimensional work in any medium (acrylic, watercolor, drawing, mixed-media, photography, pottery, mosaic, fiber, sculpture, etc.)
All two-dimensional entries must be matted and framed and ready for hanging with wire.
You will drop off your artwork at Rumriver Art Center between Tuesday, May 11 and Friday, May 14.
You must pick up your artwork after the show ends by Monday, June 14.
You can choose if you would like to sell your work. If you just want to have your work on display and not for sale, please put “NFS” for the Price. (Note: Rumriver Art Center takes a 20% commission on artwork sold, so please price your piece accordingly).
You must submit the Artwork Submission Form and send an image of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 12 in order to have your work on display in the show.
Contact Kiana Packer at email@example.com with any questions.
CLICK HERE to complete the Artwork Submission Form.
- Vitality Arts Gallery Show: June 16, 2018 – July 11, 2018
- Rum River Handweavers Guild 2018 Exhibition: November 3, 2018 – December 1, 2018
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 12, 2018 – January 5, 2019
- A Sense of Place – The Art of Paul T. Boecher: January 12, 2019 – February 16, 2019
- Student Art Show – The Art of Rumriver Art Center Students: February 23, 2019 – March 23, 2019
- Artists Del Norte Spring Show: March 30, 2019 – April 27, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: June 8, 2019 – July 13, 2019
- A Creativity of Muses – The Art of Delayne Hostetler: July 20, 2019 – August 17, 2019
- Rusty Fork – The Art of Kevin Eldstrom: August 24, 2019 – September 28, 2019
- Spread The Undead: October 12, 2019 – October 31, 2019
- Handweavers Guild – Weaving From The Heart: November 2, 2019 – November 30, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: December 7, 2019 – December 13, 2019
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 14, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Acrylic Painting & Plein Air Painting Club: January 11, 2020 – February 12, 2020
- Thru the Years – The Art of Pam Devine: February 15, 2020 – March 11, 2020
- Sunshine Artists Show: March 2020 – May 30, 2020
- The Art of Julia Jaakola: June 6, 2020 – July 1, 2020
- Mentorship Program Show: July 11, 2020 – August 7, 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Spring 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Summer 2020
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: November 2020 – February 2021
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Winter 2021
Want to show your artwork in our gallery? CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION