The Rumriver Art Gallery was initiated to support and show local artists’ work. One issue many artists experience is where to show their work as gallery space can be limited, especially to those who are just starting. Our mission with the gallery is to support and show the artwork of local artists. The shows are changed every month, providing many opportunities throughout the year for artists to display their work. The Art Gallery brings the community together and creates a greater appreciation for art. Selected artwork may be available for sale.
Thank you so much to Jan Johansen for your generous donation and for sponsoring our art gallery for 2022!
Larry Weinberg: January 8, 2022 – January 30, 2022
Heather Barr: February 5, 2022 – February 27, 2022
Carol Strait: March 5, 2022 – March 27, 2022
Student Show: Saturday, April 2, 2022 – Sunday, April 24, 2022
Call for Entry: Saturday, April 30, 2022 – Sunday, May 22, 2022
Wou Browne: Saturday, June 4, 2022 – Sunday, June 26, 2022
Christine Tauer (Mentorship Show): Saturday, July 16, 2022 – Sunday, August 7, 2022
Ann Phillipi (Mentorship Show): Saturday, August 13, 2022 – Sunday, September 4, 2022
Call for Entry: Saturday, September 10, 2022 – Sunday, October 2, 2022
Halloween Show: Saturday, October 8, 2022 – Monday, October 31, 2022
Holiday Show & Shop: Saturday, November 26, 2022 – Sunday, January 1, 2023
Monday – Friday: 9am-5pm
Saturdays: 10am – 2pm
January Gallery Show: The Undersea World of Larry Weinberg
Rumriver Art Center presents The Undersea World of Larry Weinberg taking place in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A). The art gallery show features the artwork of Larry Weinberg.
Larry Weinberg, co-founder and Executive Director of the Rumriver Art Center, was born into an artistic family in St. Paul Minnesota. Weinberg graduated from the University of Minnesota with a BFA. While at the University of Minnesota, Weinberg studied under artists George Morrison and David Feinberg.
Larry has had several solo shows and group shows including MIA’s 2020 “Foot in the Door” show. He continues to work on two-dimensional media at the Rumriver Art Center. Weinberg develops community art programs, vitality arts classes, and kids programming. He can still be seen teaching art classes out in the community and at the art center. Weinberg’s current paintings focus on the relationships of color, texture and perspective with his undersea and imaginary world. His paintings are fluid acrylic on paper. These paintings were completed during his trips to Spain and Mexico.
Visit the Rumriver Art Center Gallery for an Underwater Experience and Artist Talk on Saturday, January 22 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. You will get to see some amazing undersea artwork glow under black light and listen to Larry Weinberg talk about his artwork in a show titled The Undersea World of Larry Weinberg. This is a great opportunity to learn about Larry as an artist and the creative process he uses in creating his paintings. There will be time to ask questions as well. This is a free event (donations appreciated).
Registration is not required, but we appreciate your letting us know you will be attending.
CLICK HERE to register for the Artist Talk & Underwater Experience.
The Undersea World of Larry Weinberg will be open in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery until January 30, 2022.
February Gallery Show: Commemoration and Inspiration
Rumriver Art Center will present a new gallery show titled: Commemoration and Inspiration. The show will take place at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A) on Saturday, February 5 from 5pm-7pm. The art gallery show will feature the artwork of Heather Barr.
Heather will also be hosting an Artist Talk on February 5, from 7pm-7:30pm (after the opening) where attendees will learn about her as an artist and the creative process she uses in creating her artwork. Click Here to register for the Artist Talk. Registration is not required, but we appreciate your letting us know you will be attending.
Heather Barr grew up in the “pottery belt” of Ohio and fell in love with clay at an early age. She received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Miami University where she focused in ceramics, education and cultural studies. She has had various opportunities to expand her knowledge of ceramics and culture including studies abroad in Cortona, Italy as well as learning traditional pottery techniques from an American Indian family on the Acoma Indian Reservation.
Her work is a combination of wheel thrown and hand-built parts, utilizing many traditional processes and primitive techniques. Heather moved to Minnesota with her family in 2015 and has been active in the local clay communities as a technician and teacher. For the past few years, Heather has found purpose in making personalized urns and memory pots for others and this exhibition is a showcase of her original designs inspired by the celebration of life, painted on her pottery as well as drawn and collaged into wall hangings. When not working on a custom and personalized theme, her designs are often inspired by her love of nature, gardening, animals, culture and history.
The artwork Heather will have on display in the show includes ceramic pieces made with red clay, terra sigillata, and glaze and wall art made with colored pencil drawings on paper, embroidery hoops, paper, and miscellaneous found objects such as natural stones, wood, glass beads, thread, seed pods, fabric, etc.
Commemoration and Inspiration will be open in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery until February 27, 2022.
- Vitality Arts Gallery Show: June 16, 2018 – July 11, 2018
- Rum River Handweavers Guild 2018 Exhibition: November 3, 2018 – December 1, 2018
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 12, 2018 – January 5, 2019
- A Sense of Place – The Art of Paul T. Boecher: January 12, 2019 – February 16, 2019
- Student Art Show – The Art of Rumriver Art Center Students: February 23, 2019 – March 23, 2019
- Artists Del Norte Spring Show: March 30, 2019 – April 27, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: June 8, 2019 – July 13, 2019
- A Creativity of Muses – The Art of Delayne Hostetler: July 20, 2019 – August 17, 2019
- Rusty Fork – The Art of Kevin Eldstrom: August 24, 2019 – September 28, 2019
- Spread The Undead: October 12, 2019 – October 31, 2019
- Handweavers Guild – Weaving From The Heart: November 2, 2019 – November 30, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: December 7, 2019 – December 13, 2019
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 14, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Acrylic Painting & Plein Air Painting Club: January 11, 2020 – February 12, 2020
- Thru the Years – The Art of Pam Devine: February 15, 2020 – March 11, 2020
- Sunshine Artists Show: March 2020 – May 30, 2020
- The Art of Julia Jaakola: June 6, 2020 – July 1, 2020
- Mentorship Program Show: July 11, 2020 – August 7, 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Spring 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Summer 2020
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: November 2020 – February 2021
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Winter 2021
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Spring 2021
- Student Art Show 2021: May 22, 2021 – June 11, 2021
- Anita Cholewa & Cheryl Barr: June 19, 2021 – July 12, 2021
- Jerry Jorgenrud & Bill Hogan: July 17. 2021 – August 9, 2021
- Dianne Novak & Patricia Undis: August 14, 2021 – September 7, 2021
- Franny Hyde & Tanya Piatz: September 11, 2021 – September 30, 2021
- Call for Entry – Autumn in Anoka: October 9, 2021 – October 31, 2021
- Rum River Handweavers Guild: November 6, 2021 – November 26, 2021
- Holiday Show & Shop: December 4, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Want to show your artwork in our gallery? CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION