The Rumriver Art Gallery was initiated to support and show local artists’ work. One issue many artists experience is where to show their work as gallery space can be limited, especially to those who are just starting. Our mission with the gallery is to support and show the artwork of local artists. The shows are changed every month, providing many opportunities throughout the year for artists to display their work. The Art Gallery brings the community together and creates a greater appreciation for art. Selected artwork may be available for sale.
Call for Entry – Autumn in Anoka: October 9, 2021 – October 31, 2021
Rum River Handweavers Guild: November 6, 2021 – November 28, 2021
Holiday Show & Shop: December 4, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Larry Weinberg: January 8, 2022 – January 30, 2022
Heather Barr: February 5, 2022 – February 27, 2022
Carol Strait: March 5, 2022 – March 27, 2022
Call for Entry: April 2, 2022 – April 24, 2022
Student Art Show: April 30, 2022 – May 22, 2022
Wou Browne: June 4, 2022 – June 26, 2022
Monday – Friday: 10:00am-5:00pm
October Gallery Show: Autumn in Anoka: Let’s Celebrate the Wonders of Fall
Rumriver Art Center will present Autumn in Anoka: Let’s Celebrate the Wonders of Fall gallery show opening taking place at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A) on Saturday, October 9 from 2pm-4pm.
The art gallery show will feature the artwork of local artists from the community who entered up to three pieces to Rumriver Art Center’s second Call for Entry. The theme of the gallery show as the title suggests is all things fall, harvest, leaves, and autumn colors.
Rumriver Art Center received 50 entries from 33 different artists. A judge decided which pieces would be accepted into the show. There will be a total of 30 pieces on display in the gallery. The artwork that will be on display is in a variety of mediums, including: mixed-media, mosaic, photography, watercolor, acrylic, etc.
The Gallery Show Opening will take place on Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 2pm – 4pm. A 15-minute time slot reservation must be made in order to view the show opening in an effort to ensure the health and safety of all visitors. Note: Rumriver Art Center requires masks to be worn inside its facility. CLICK HERE to make a reservation.
The gallery hours after the show opening are Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday 11am – 3pm, and by appointment. The Gallery Show ends Sunday, October 31, 2021.
There will be People’s Choice voting during the exhibit both in-person and virtually via the Rumriver Art Center website (rumriverart.com). The three highest voted artists will receive a ribbon. CLICK HERE to view the artwork and to vote.
November Gallery Show: From Many Threads
Rumriver Art Center will present the From Many Threads gallery show opening taking place at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery (2665 4th Ave, Suite 103A) on Saturday, November 6 from 2pm-4pm. The art gallery show will feature the artwork of the Rum River Handweavers Guild.
The title, From Many Threads developed while considering the tumultuous events that all people experienced throughout 2020 and 2021. The show presents the concept of unity through different individual fibers coming together as unique and beautiful woven works. Each weaver brings influences from their ancestry and life experiences as they combine materials into a product. The individual materials are only advanced when woven together as a new and valued creation. From Many Threads includes woven art made by using various types of looms and many different types of materials. Some items are made with handspun and hand dyed yarns. Weavings range from rugs, wall art, and home/kitchen textiles to clothing and jewelry.
Rum River Handweavers Guild began as the North Area Weavers in the fall of 2013. The group became more formally organized in 2016-2017, and the name was changed from North Area Weavers to Rum River Handweavers Guild. The mission of the Rum River Handweavers is to share knowledge, gain and preserve information, and seek inspiration among friends leading to creativity in the development and execution of our handweaving. They enjoy sharing their love of the weaving art whether they are beginning or more experienced weavers.
Monthly meetings are usually attended by 15-20 weavers and are devoted to learning new weaving and fiber techniques. Most meetings are led by a member with expertise in the topic. They always enjoy their “show and tell” time and are inspired by each other’s work.
The gallery show will be open until November 28, 2021.
For more information about the Rum River Handweavers Guild, email email@example.com. New members are always welcome.
- Vitality Arts Gallery Show: June 16, 2018 – July 11, 2018
- Rum River Handweavers Guild 2018 Exhibition: November 3, 2018 – December 1, 2018
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 12, 2018 – January 5, 2019
- A Sense of Place – The Art of Paul T. Boecher: January 12, 2019 – February 16, 2019
- Student Art Show – The Art of Rumriver Art Center Students: February 23, 2019 – March 23, 2019
- Artists Del Norte Spring Show: March 30, 2019 – April 27, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: June 8, 2019 – July 13, 2019
- A Creativity of Muses – The Art of Delayne Hostetler: July 20, 2019 – August 17, 2019
- Rusty Fork – The Art of Kevin Eldstrom: August 24, 2019 – September 28, 2019
- Spread The Undead: October 12, 2019 – October 31, 2019
- Handweavers Guild – Weaving From The Heart: November 2, 2019 – November 30, 2019
- Vitality Arts Students Show: December 7, 2019 – December 13, 2019
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: December 14, 2019 – January 5, 2020
- Acrylic Painting & Plein Air Painting Club: January 11, 2020 – February 12, 2020
- Thru the Years – The Art of Pam Devine: February 15, 2020 – March 11, 2020
- Sunshine Artists Show: March 2020 – May 30, 2020
- The Art of Julia Jaakola: June 6, 2020 – July 1, 2020
- Mentorship Program Show: July 11, 2020 – August 7, 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Spring 2020
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Summer 2020
- Rumriver Art Center Holiday Show and Shop: November 2020 – February 2021
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Winter 2021
- Vitality Arts Virtual Gallery Show: Spring 2021
- Student Art Show 2021: May 22, 2021 – June 11, 2021
- Anita Cholewa & Cheryl Barr: June 19, 2021 – July 12, 2021
- Jerry Jorgenrud & Bill Hogan: July 17. 2021 – August 9, 2021
- Dianne Novak & Patricia Undis: August 14, 2021 – September 7, 2021
- Franny Hyde & Tanya Piatz: September 11, 2021 – September 30, 2021
Want to show your artwork in our gallery? CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION