If you’ve experienced the rare encounter with an owl in real life, it was likely a vivid and special moment. We’re offering you the opportunity to capture the magnificent owl in your own unique drawing.
You’ll be led step-by-step to create an owl inspired by the artwork of John James Audubon. Audubon was a renowned ornithologist and artist. This tutorial is perfect for both beginners and experienced artists who want to develop their skills and creativity.
- measure the body parts and capture various shapes to create a stunning owl
- add texture and shading to capture depth in your artwork
Our tutorial is entirely virtual, which means that you can learn from the comfort of your home at your own pace. Feel free to pause the video as desired.
All you need is:
- A pencil (Teaching Artist Larry Weinberg is using F and HB pencils -but any pencil will work)
- Eraser (Larry is using a kneadable and pink pearl eraser, but any eraser will work)
- Smudging tool (you can use your finger, or a Q-tip)
We’d love to see your results in the comment section below!