The Rumriver Art Center is excited to announce the 2024 100 Day Project running January 15 – April 10, 2024.
The Rumriver Art Center’s 100 Day Project is an opportunity for us as an artist community to create together for 100 days and post our creations on our own private Facebook page. By posting daily or weekly, you have a community of other artists who can share in your artistic process, struggles, and successes. This is a way to have a goal of creating every day, to see where your idea will go, to build community, to see what others are doing, and to inspire each other.
How to Start:
- Keep your idea simple.
- Choose any medium you want for this project: drawing, painting, words, printing, clay, mixed-media, collage… or whatever you are passionate about. Choose something that excites you. The point is to have fun being creative!!!
- Set the amount of time you want to create each day. 15-30 minutes is a good starting point. Choose whatever works best for you; no one is checking in. You just want to make it reasonable for you to feel successful.
- This can be practice or a project. Maybe you want to practice a technique daily or work on a larger piece for your set amount of time each day. You get to choose how this time works for you and what your creative goals are.
How the 100 Day Project Works:
- The 100 Days Project will launch on Monday, January 15, 2024
- We are using Facebook as the platform to share your projects, inspiration and creative support with each other. You must have or create a FREE Facebook account in order to participate.
- We have a Facebook group set up and a link for you to connect to the group. When you click on the link, you will need to answer two questions and review and agree to the group rules, and then an RRAC admin will accept you into the group.
- Once you are accepted, you can start posting daily or weekly beginning on Monday, January 15th. Click on the link to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/300640202974879
- You don’t have to quit if you miss a day of posting. You can stretch the project out as needed. No one is going to call you out if you miss a day. You can post as little or as much as you like.
- You might get stuck throughout the process and not know what to do. Just keep pushing forward. Artists get stuck – this is usually right before a really good idea is to come – don’t give up!
Project Purpose: Building a Community
One of the purposes of this project is to build a community of artists to support each other. When things get posted on our Facebook page, others can comment on those posts. Please keep your comments positive and encouraging. If an artist asks for critique of their work, those comments can be constructive but still positive.
Please contact Angie Renee with any questions you have about the 100 Day Project. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.