You’re invited to submit your artwork for The Rumriver Art Center’s first Call for Entry.
The exhibit is titled: A New Day Dawning: A Celebration of Spring and Blooming.
The Rumriver Art Center invites regional artists to enter two- and three-dimensional work in any medium (acrylic, watercolor, drawing, mixed-media, photography, pottery, mosaic, fiber, sculpture, etc.) that celebrates nature, springtime and blooming.
Each of your submissions must not be larger than 36 in. x 36 in. for two-dimensional pieces and 36 in. x 36 in. x 36 in. for three-dimensional pieces.
There is a $10 entry fee per entry with a limit of three (3) entries. (Note: each piece of artwork is a separate entry). Whether your work is accepted or not, there will be NO REFUNDS of the entry fees. (Note: one, two, three or none of your pieces may be accepted for the gallery show).
Acceptance of artwork will be determined by a neutral third-party judge (i.e. an individual outside of the Rumriver Art Center who is an artist/has an artistic background).
The deadline for entry is February 26 at midnight (12:00am CST).
The exhibit will be on display in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery from April 10, 2021 – May 7, 2021.
There is no minimum age requirement to participate in this exhibit.
There will be People’s Choice voting during the exhibit both in-person and virtually via the Rumriver Art Center website (rumriverart.com). The three highest voted artists will receive a ribbon.
The Rumriver Art Center reserves the right to close acceptance of entries if participation exceeds expectations.
About Rumriver Art Center
The mission of Rumriver Art Center (RRAC) is to make a difference through art by being a welcoming and inspiring environment for artists of all ages to explore their creative potential through our classes, collaborations, and partnerships in the North Metro. We recognize the individual potential of students and artists and explore through multiple art mediums their creativity, talents, passions, and spirit while igniting prospects for innovative and affordable artistic expression.
The art center began in 2009 as a small 500 square foot studio and has expanded to over 5,000 square feet with the addition of an art cafe and library, a ceramic studio, a larger multi-purpose studio, and four private artist studios in a historic milk factory along the Rum River. We opened a community art gallery in the fall of 2018 for local artists to showcase their work and have been organizing a community art fair in Ramsey each summer since 2016.
We reach over 10,000 students annually of different ages, ethnicities, abilities, and economic backgrounds offering the opportunity to grow artistically and creatively while building confidence and social skills. The art center offers programs for public and private educational institutions, summer art camps for youth, art courses for homeschool families, and a Vitality Arts program for older adults ages 55+. We also offer a variety of virtual art classes, community programs, Free Family Art Days, and a Senior Art-Reach program.
By participating in this exhibit, you agree to the following rules:
- All entries are final, NO REFUNDS.
- Artwork should be recent (within the last four years).
- Entry into the art exhibit must be entered electronically in order to be accepted.
- All artwork must be conceived and executed by the submitting artist, not done in a class or under the supervision/mentorship of another artist and not copied from published photos or from photos taken by others without their written permission. If copyright infringement is discovered, the artwork will be disqualified.
- All artwork submitted must relate to the exhibit theme – celebrating nature, springtime and blooming.
- All artwork must be appropriately framed and/or ready for display in an art gallery format. ONLY wired hanging systems will be accepted for framed and hung works.
- Each of your submissions must not be larger than 36 in. x 36 in. for two-dimensional pieces and 36 in. x 36 in. x 36 in. for three-dimensional pieces.
- Submitted image(s) of artwork should be of the artwork only, not the frame (if applicable).
- Email entry images to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email once images are received. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we did not receive your images. Please name each image file with the entry number and artwork title (Example: Entry 1 Floral Frenzy). Please submit image(s) as a JPEG file.
- If contributing artists exceed expectations, the Rumriver Art Center reserves the right to close submissions acceptance early.
- You must complete all required information on the entry form. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. The deadline for entry is February 26 at midnight (12:00am CST).
- Space availability in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery will determine the final number of entries accepted into the show. If you are submitting more than one piece, please list your pieces on your application in the order of your first, second and/or third choice, in the case we are unable to accept all of your artwork for display in the exhibit (i.e. Entry 1 = First Choice, Entry 2 = Second Choice, Entry 3 = Third Choice).
- All accepted artwork must be delivered to the Rumriver Art Center Gallery on or before Friday, April 2, 2021 (drop off times and directions will be emailed to the artist in advance).
- Accepted artwork will be labeled with a price. Submitted artwork marked NFS or left empty in the entry form will be marked NFS (Not For Sale).
- Buyers of artwork sold during the exhibit agree that the artwork will remain in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery until the show ends on May 7, 2021.
- Rumriver Art Center will take a 30% commission on the sale price of any artwork sold during the show. Please price your pieces accordingly.
- Artwork may be picked up at the Rumriver Art Center beginning Saturday, May 8, 2021. Artwork that has been unclaimed by May 10, 2021 will become property of the Rumriver Art Center, either being added to our collection of artwork or sold as part of a fundraiser for the organization. Rumriver Art Center will not ship artwork back to participating artists; all artwork must be picked up in-person.
- Reproduction of Images for Publicity – Permission is granted to the Rumriver Art Center for reproduction of artwork for advertising purposes. Entry into the exhibit constitutes agreement with this rule.
- Liability – All reasonable care will be taken with artwork. Rumriver Art Center staff and volunteers cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to artwork including frames and mountings, no matter how damage/loss is caused. All entries submitted are subject to this condition. Rumriver Art Center has an excellent record in the care and handling of works of art. We suggest that artists insure work privately if they feel the need for such protection.
If you have any questions regarding the rules of the exhibit or any other questions pertaining to the show or entry application, please email Angie Renee at email@example.com.
Call for Entry Opens – January 22, 2021
Call for Entry Closes – February 26, 2021
Artists Notified of Artwork Acceptance/Rejection – March 8, 2021
Artwork Dropoff Deadline – April 2, 2021
Show Opening – April 10, 2021 from 2pm – 4pm
Show Ends – May 7, 2021
Artwork Pickup Deadline for Artists – May 10, 2021
Artwork Pickup Deadline for Buyers – May 10, 2021
Entry Payment Form
Submit Entry Image(s)
Email images to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email once images are received. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we did not receive your images. Please name each image file with the entry number and artwork title (Example: Entry 1 Floral Frenzy). Please submit image(s) as a JPEG file.