Wild About Water – Call For Entry
You’re invited to submit your artwork for The Jan Johansen Gallery at Rumriver Art Center for our Fall Call for Entry.
The exhibit is titled: Wild About Water
The Rumriver Art Center invites regional artists to enter two- and three-dimensional work in any medium (acrylic, watercolor, drawing, mixed-media, photography, pottery, mosaic, fiber, sculpture, etc.) that honors water. Water is something that is beautiful as well as destructive in nature. It is a necessity for us to live. How do you view water?
Each of your submissions must not be larger than 36 in. x 36 in. for two-dimensional pieces and 36 in. x 36 in. x 36 in. for three-dimensional pieces.
There is a $10 entry fee per entry with a limit of three (3) entries. (Note: each piece of artwork is a separate entry). Whether your work is accepted or not, there will be NO REFUNDS of the entry fees. (Note: one, two, three or none of your pieces may be accepted for the gallery show).
Acceptance of artwork will be determined by a neutral third-party judge (i.e. an individual outside of the Rumriver Art Center who is an artist/has an artistic background).
The deadline for entry is Wednesday, August 10 at 11:59pm Central Standard Time (CST).
The exhibit will be on display in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery from September 10-October 1
There is no minimum age requirement to participate in this exhibit.
There will be People’s Choice voting during the exhibit. The three highest voted artists will receive a ribbon.
The Rumriver Art Center reserves the right to close acceptance of entries if participation exceeds expectations.
About Rumriver Art Center
The mission of Rumriver Art Center (RRAC) is to make a difference through art by being a welcoming and inspiring environment for artists of all ages to explore their creative potential through our classes, collaborations, and partnerships in the North Metro. We recognize the individual potential of students and artists and explore through multiple art mediums their creativity, talents, passions, and spirit while igniting prospects for innovative and affordable artistic expression.
The art center began in 2009 as a small 500 square foot studio and has expanded to over 5,000 square feet with the addition of an art cafe and library, a ceramic studio, a larger multi-purpose studio, and four private artist studios in a historic milk factory along the Rum River. We opened a community art gallery in the fall of 2018 for local artists to showcase their work and have been organizing a community art fair in Ramsey each summer since 2016.
We reach over 10,000 students annually of different ages, ethnicities, abilities, and economic backgrounds offering the opportunity to grow artistically and creatively while building confidence and social skills. The art center offers programs for public and private educational institutions, summer art camps for youth, art courses for homeschool families, and a Vitality Arts program for older adults ages 55+. We also offer a variety of virtual art classes, community programs, Free Family Art Days, and a Senior Art-Reach program.
By participating in this exhibit, you agree to the following rules:
- All entries are final, NO REFUNDS.
- Artwork should be recent (within the last four years).
- Entry into the art exhibit must be entered electronically in order to be accepted.
- All artwork must be conceived and executed by the submitting artist, not done in a class or under the supervision/mentorship of another artist and not copied from published photos or from photos taken by others without their written permission. If copyright infringement is discovered, the artwork will be disqualified.
- All artwork submitted must relate to the exhibit theme – Wild About Water
- All artwork must be appropriately framed and/or ready for display in an art gallery format. ONLY wired hanging systems will be accepted for framed and hung works.
- Each of your submissions must not be larger than 36 in. x 36 in. for two-dimensional pieces and 36 in. x 36 in. x 36 in. for three-dimensional pieces.
- Submitted image(s) of artwork should be of the artwork only, not the frame (if applicable).
- You will upload the image(s) of your artwork in your application form. Please name each image file with the entry number and artwork title (Example: Entry 1 Floral Frenzy). Please submit image(s) as a JPEG file.
- If contributing artists exceed expectations, the Rumriver Art Center reserves the right to close submissions acceptance early.
- You must complete all required information on the entry form. Incomplete entries will not be accepted. The deadline for entry is Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 11:59pm Central Standard Time (CST).
- Space availability in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery will determine the final number of entries accepted into the show.
- All accepted artwork must be dropped off at the Rumriver Art Center Gallery on Wednesday September 7, 2022 between 9am and 5:30pm. If you are unable to drop off your artwork during this time, please email Angie.firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork.
- Accepted artwork will be labeled name and title on the back of your piece.
- Buyers of artwork sold during the exhibit agree that the artwork will remain in the Rumriver Art Center Gallery until the show ends on Saturday October 1, 2022
- Rumriver Art Center will take a 35% commission on the sale price of any artwork sold during the show. Please price your pieces accordingly.
- Artwork must be picked up at the Rumriver Art Center by Monday October 3, 2022. Artwork that has been unclaimed will become property of the Rumriver Art Center, either being added to our collection of artwork or sold as part of a fundraiser for the organization. Rumriver Art Center will not ship artwork back to participating artists; all artwork must be picked up in-person.
- Reproduction of Images for Publicity – Permission is granted to the Rumriver Art Center for reproduction of artwork for advertising purposes. Entry into the exhibit constitutes agreement with this rule. Images of artwork may be used for flyers, press releases, posters, on the Rumriver Art Center website (rumriverart.com), social media, etc.
- Liability – All reasonable care will be taken with artwork. Rumriver Art Center staff and volunteers cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to artwork including frames and mountings, no matter how damage/loss is caused. All entries submitted are subject to this condition. Rumriver Art Center has an excellent record in the care and handling of works of art. We suggest that artists insure work privately if they feel the need for such protection.
If you have any questions regarding the rules of the exhibit or any other questions pertaining to the show or entry application, please email Angie Renee at email@example.com.
Call for Entry Opens – Friday July 8, 2022
Call for Entry Closes – Wednesday, August 10th
Artists Notified of Artwork Acceptance/Rejection – By Friday August 19, 2022
Artwork Dropoff Day – Wednesday September 7, 2022 (9am – 5:30pm)
Show Opening – Saturday, September 10, 2022 (2pm – 4pm)
Show Ends – Saturday October 1, 2022
Artwork Pickup Deadline for Artists – Monday, October 3, 2022
Artwork Pickup Deadline for Buyers – Monday, October 3, 2022
Upload Entry Image(s)
You will upload the image(s) of your artwork in your application form. Please name each image file with the entry number and artwork title (Example: Entry 1 Floral Frenzy). Please submit image(s) as a JPEG file.